HRG was about to expand its corporate business travel service offering in the UK. As a key part of their growth strategy, HRG wanted to ensure success for the new venture, not just through PR and media, but also by ensuring the news would be warmly welcomed by key stakeholders in the new office location.
With experience of stakeholder relations from the pressurised rail industry, KPC was able to develop a programme of stakeholder communications that would help improve relations in a highly charged environment where regulatory and compliance factors added to the pressure.
- KPC mapped out local stakeholders to target and invited them to be part of HRG’s success by including them in the press story. This allowed us to test the temperature and flesh out any questions with local opinion-formers in advance of the news breaking
- Supplemented the news release with an advertorial in a range of key press, focusing on the economic and employment opportunities in the area
- Organised a pre-opening lunch event as a “private” opportunity for HRG to meet local stakeholders and align business opportunities
- Developed a series of story angles to bring the news to a wider range of stakeholders, including a recruitment angle to engage with agencies (to build relationships for future use), a call to action for other local businesses as part of a sales pitch, and a local economy angle to appeal to the business press
- Developed a supporting internal communications plan to keep existing HRG staff up to date and, where possible, encouraging them to share the news via their own social media networks
- Prepared a series of tweets and comments to support the news via social media, again connecting with key stakeholders and supporting them with angles and comments to issue